Thursday 26 April 2012

We will Remember Them



Yesterday was ANZAC day which is probably one of my fav days of the year. It's the one day where I whip out my patriotism, get up at somewhere near 5am, get my hands on a poppy and get down to the nearest dawn service. The airy-ness of the morning gives me shivers and the last post never fails to provide goosebumps. And even though the biggest thought around ANZAC day might be the joy at a public holiday, I do find myself reflecting on what the horror of war must be like and find myself thankful to not have experienced such a horror.


On a lighter note, I spent the rest of the day off going out to scorching bay, which in my opinion is the best option for a beach Wellington has. The sun shone but the wind blew strong and cold. Nevertheless it was a lovely adventure and our picnic was a success.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you're feeling up to it....I'd get super-duper excited if you did!! xx